Careers at APT
Financial ControllerThe financial controller provides overall planning and direction for the Advanced Physical Therapy (APT) and Preferred Physical Therapy (PPT) accounting operations. The financial controller will ensure proper accounting procedures are in place and the recording of company transactions are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
ROLE #1: ACCOUNTING (70%)
- Management of Accounting Department
- Weekly Meetings
- Performance Reviews
- Accounting Compliance and Procedures
- Maintains a documented systems of accounting policies and procedures;
- Implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal government requirements
- Development and tracking of financial reports
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports
- Ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance
- Files quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Management of budgets and audits
- Coordinates the compilation of the annual budget and forecasts
- Reports significant budget differences to the Leadership Team
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on operating results versus budget, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for their requirements
ROLE #2: LEADERSHIP (30%)
- Personal leadership development
- Consistent reading, seminars and training sessions to aid in personal growth and leadership for team.
- Goal setting with President
- Leadership meeting preparation and participation.
- Attend monthly managers meetings in addition to providing input on business goals.
- Weekly meetings with the Leadership Team
- Engagement with the development of strategic financial planning for APT/PPT
- Consistently give feedback for growth and development of the company in all areas.
- Work with the Leadership Team in formulating strategic financial goals
- Measurement of company performance.
- Review and research of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly statistics involving all aspects of the company.
- Work with the Leadership Team in the refining of key performance metrics
Total of all roles = 100%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation is a plus.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting software, such as QuickBooks Enterprise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software